US persons with foreign shareholdings

US persons with foreign shareholdings exceeding 50% of a foreign corporation are advised to consider making a timely application to the IRS for consent to use the foreign corporation’s balance date for reporting purposes. This needs to be done on Form 1128...

Payments to foreign vendors – IRS focus

Fresh from a US contact is news that IRS is stepping up its focus on payments to foreign vendors made by US Accounts Payable departments. This dovetails with the article I’ve just written for AMCHAM on form W-8BEN posted yesterday. Foreign vendors =...

Uncompensated Use Of Trust Property

US persons engaging in transactions with foreign trusts need to be cautious when dealing with the property of a foreign trust for personal advantage. This includes loans from the trust to a US person.   Types of foreign trust A foreign trust is classified as...
Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter

Receive the latest US and NZ tax news, insights and updates every month.

Your subscription is now active. Look out for our next newsletter.