We are highly experienced in the areas of New Zealand and United States taxation. If you have relocated from the United States to New Zealand or vice-versa, our experts can help you with:
- Tax residency, including advising and planning for the end of the temporary tax exemption.
- New Zealand income tax including the treatment of foreign retirement plans.
- Planning to minimize the effects of double taxation including interpretation and application of the income tax treaty.
- Migration planning from the United States to New Zealand and/or vice-versa.
- Information reporting for the United States including FBAR, 8938, 5471, 3520, 3520-a, 8854.
- Expatriation planning and IRS reporting.
- Income tax return preparation and electronic filing (New Zealand and
- Streamlined Filing Programme.
- Assistance with Form W-8BEN and other types of withholding tax issues including claims of overpaid withholding tax.