We are highly experienced in the areas of New Zealand and United States taxation.
If you have relocated from the United States to New Zealand or vice-versa, our experts can help you with:
- Tax residency, including advising and planning for the end of the temporary tax exemption.
- New Zealand income tax including the treatment of foreign retirement plans.
- Planning to minimize the effects of double taxation including interpretation and application of the income tax treaty.
- Migration planning from the United States to New Zealand and/or vice-versa.
- Information reporting for the United States including FBAR, 8938, 5471, 3520, 3520-a, 8854.
- Expatriation planning and IRS reporting.
- Income tax return preparation and electronic filing (New Zealand and
- Streamlined Filing Programme.
- Assistance with Form W-8BEN and other types of withholding tax issues including claims of overpaid withholding tax.
If you are doing business in New Zealand for the first time,
get some advice from our experts.
We can help with:
- Company formation (New Zealand).
- Preparation of financial statements for all types of entities.
- IRD risk reviews and audits.
- Business advisory.