We get regular inquiries from New Zealand citizens requesting assistance in order to obtain a United States Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).

A TIN can be required for several different reasons including submission of Form W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding as well as for individuals and entities who need to file a United States tax return.

Currently, we are waiting for the IRS to grant us Certifying Acceptance Agent status. This will facilitate the process for such people who require a TIN.  We will post an entry when this is received.


We now have CAA status and can assist you with obtaining a TIN.