By Gina Gatchell, Director.
Auckland spent a total of 107 days in the latest, and reportedly last lockdown during the Delta outbreak the city has been embroiled in.
The country’s Alert level system -which has now been sunsetted – saw the city at a virtual standstill during Alert Level 3, which ended last Friday.
Here’s a glimpse into our activities whilst the City of Sails has been hibernating.
- Successfully removed IRS Form 3520-a penalties for clients.
- Saved clients over U.S. $25k in U.S. federal income tax.
- Successfully negotiated a 50% reduction in taxable income with Inland Revenue on unanticipated income for a taxpayer.
- Assisted folks who have never filed into compliance through streamlined filing submissions.
- Successfully removed state income tax penalties for clients.
- Helped clients to legally expatriate out of the U.S. federal income tax system.
- Advised clients on the New Zealand and U.S. federal income tax implications of many future anticipated transactions including capital gains tax exposure on disposal of real property, withdrawals from retirement accounts located in New Zealand and the United States, inheritances from both countries.
- Made three corporate donations to the Middlemore Foundation totaling NZ $1,500 to assist with providing supplies to underprivileged families in South Auckland hit hard by the pandemic.
- Provided tax plans for the future minimization of income tax in New Zealand and the United States.
- Performed compliance checks on complex U.S. federal income tax returns prepared by other preparers.
- Filed 300+ 2020 U.S. federal income tax returns (during 2021).
We continue to thrive in this challenging environment that the world finds itself it, and we are so grateful to be able to do so. We wish to thank our clients (past and present), and colleagues for their valued and ongoing support during 2021.